Tired of the same old salmon prepared the same old way? Wanna mix it up?
Today’s dish is sesame salmon, and boy is it a twist. Salmon alone is the ultimate nutrition stat-stuffer: it’s loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and vitamin B12.
The difference with this recipe is that it’s made with a savory sesame marinade. The marinade explodes with flavor, adding that signature “bite” to this fish dish.
Alright, let’s make this salmon happen!
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1/4 of a cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 of a cup of coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon of ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of garlic powder
- 4 (6 oz) salmon steaks
- In a large re-sealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Mix them well.
- Set aside 1/2 of a cup of marinade and refrigerate.
- Add the salmon to the remaining marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, turning once. Drain and discard the marinade.
- Place the salmon on a broiler pan. Broil 3-4 inches from the heat, for 5 minutes. Brush the salmon with the reserved marinade, then turn and broil for 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Brush the salmon with the remaining marinade.
Craving more nutritional advice? Click here to check out Beyond the Scale, the official health and wellness podcast of Fit Body Boot Camp!