What happens when you marry the savory taste of nuts with a kick of spice?
Uhh, deliciousness, that’s what.
We have a feeling today’s recipe will go over well with most of our readers. Nuts are a snacking favorite because they give you protein and are easy to eat, but some people can find them dry and tasteless.
You’ll love your pistachios, pecans, and almonds with a coating of cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and ginger. One serving is only 168 calories too, so grab a handful and enjoy!
Here’s the lowdown on today’s nut recipe.
- 1 cup of raw pecan halves
- 1 cup of raw pepitas
- 1 cup of shelled pistachios
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the nuts with the coconut oil. Toss them to coat.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Mix them well, and then sprinkle the nuts over, mixing until fully combined.
- Spread the nuts over the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, stir, and then bake until they’re golden and toasty (about 10 minutes).