Want some protein with a kick of spiciness? Then these firecracker chicken meatballs are the explosion of flavors you’ve been looking for!
You’ll cook these meatballs in a slow cooker, which is a necessity for any of you beginner chefs out there. With a slow cooker, you can cook your food overnight or while you’re gone at work, and that’s it! Once they’re done, these meatballs will be coated in a delicious firecracker sauce that takes this dish to a new level!
Here’s the secret: these meatballs are made out of chicken! That means they’re healthier than normal meatballs, yet they still deliver on the flavor and are perfect on your favorite pasta dish. You can even garnish them with red pepper flakes and chili paste to increase/decrease spiciness.
Ready for some melt-in-your-mouth chicken meatball magic?
For the Chicken Meatballs
- 1/4 of a cup of blanched almond flour
- 1/4 of a cup of nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons of flax meal
- 1/2 of a cup of coconut milk, full-fat
- 2 pounds of ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon of garlic, minced
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of black pepper
For the Firecracker Sauce
- 1/4 of a cup of coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons of ground fresh chili paste
- 2 tablespoons of natural ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- A pinch of granulated garlic
- A sprinkle of sea salt
- 1/2 of a cup of coconut palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons of coconut aminos
For the Garnish
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, minced
- A dash of red pepper flakes
- Combine the almond flour, nutritional yeast, flax meal, and coconut milk in a large bowl. Stir together and let it soak for 5 minutes.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lightly spray it with olive oil.
- Add in the ground chicken, egg, dried parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well and form into 35 meatballs, placing the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray the tops of the meatballs with olive oil.
- Place the meatballs under hi broil until lightly browned (about 5-8 minutes). Watch closely to avoid burning.
- Combine the Firecracker sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Transfer the meatballs to the slow cooker and pour in the firecracker sauce. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours. Serve them warm with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
Craving more nutritional advice? Click here to check out Beyond the Scale, the official health and wellness podcast of Fit Body Boot Camp!