Beef gets a bad rap. When people try to eat healthy, they often favor leaner meats like chicken.
But is it possible to incorporate beef in a healthy dish?
Yes—and today’s beef ragu proves just that. Today’s recipe is beef ragu and zucchini noodles!
Enjoy the rich protein of beef without the carbs that come with ordinary noodles. Plus, the noodles are made out of healthy zucchini, not garlic-heavy pasta. Tastes good, stays healthy!
Let’s hit the kitchen!
- 2 lbs of grass-fed ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- An 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of chili sauce
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of sea salt
- 4 zucchini
- 1/4 of a cup of fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, brown the beef over medium high heat. Drain the skillet and turn down the heat to medium heat.
- Add in the tomato paste, tomato sauce, chili, cherry tomatoes, and sea salt. Mix them to combine. Sauté until the cherry tomatoes are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Peel the green skins from the zucchini, then run them through a spiral slicer to create long, thin spaghetti noodles.
- Plate a handful of zucchini noodles, topped with the beef sauce and a sprinkle of parsley.
Craving more nutritional advice? Click here to check out Beyond the Scale, the official health and wellness podcast of Fit Body Boot Camp!