Thanksgiving and Christmas have finally come to an end – whew, that means no more parties right?
Wrong! We’ve still gotta get through New Year’s!
Which means it’s time to put the chef hat back on and whip up one more holiday feast before 2018 arrives.
Whether you’re hosting or attending, we’ve got you covered with this delicious fig, goat cheese, and bacon appetizer recipe.
This sweet and savory bite sized treat is the perfect snacking food as you mingle and wait for the countdown. Plus, it’s easy, quick, and gluten-free!
Starting this recipe in 5…4…3…2…1…
- 6 figs, halved
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 6 Tablespoons goat cheese
- 1 slice nitrate-free bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet cook the bacon until crispy. Allow to cool then crumble.
- Lightly grease a baking pan with olive oil.
- Halve the figs and line, cut side up, on the prepared pan.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze on the cut side of each fig. Sprinkle with goat cheese and bacon crumbles.
- Place in oven for 5-8 minutes. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 6
Fat: 3 g
Sodium: 68 mg
Carbohydrates: 14 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 4 g