Did someone say bisque??
Today’s recipe features bisque, basically soup, with an infusion of veggies!
This recipe is dairy-free, so all you lactose intolerant readers can enjoy this fine meal. We added some coconut milk and chicken broth to make this soup rich, creamy, and easy on the stomach (and your health)!
Need any more convincing? This is the perfect recipe for an ice cold day when you need something to warm you up!
So without further ado, here’s that recipe!
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- A dash of sea salt plus 1 teaspoon
- 1.5 lb. of celery root
- 32 oz. of organic chicken broth
- 1 (13.66 oz.) can of coconut milk
- 1/4 of a cup of fresh chives, thinly sliced
- Black pepper
- In a large soup pot, place the coconut oil over medium-low heat. Add the scallions, onion, and dash of salt. Cook them until tender (about 15 minutes).
- Peel the celery root, then chop it into small pieces. Add the celery root pieces, 1/2 of a cup of water, and the remaining 1 teaspoon of sea salt to the pot. Cover and cook until the celery root is tender (about 15 minutes).
- Add the chicken broth and coconut milk, then cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Let it cool slightly.
- Use a hand blender to purée the soup into a very smooth consistency. Garnish the soup with chives and black pepper. Enjoy!