Meal Preppers, how many times have you gone with chicken salad for your meal prep before? A few dozen times, right? It makes sense: chicken salad tastes good hot or cold, and it is healthy, but…maybe, maybe, you’re a little bored with it.
Today’s recipe is going to fix that boredom. Get pumped for chicken salad’s wild and crazy cousin: mango chicken salad!
For the Herb marinade:
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of crushed rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cumin
For the Salad:
- 1 lb. of skinless, boneless, thin chicken breasts
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 cups of organic arugula
- 2 small organic mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 6 oz. of crumbled goat cheese
- Combine the herb marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place 1 Tablespoon of the marinade in a large Ziploc bag with the asparagus pieces, and the rest in another large Ziploc bag with the chicken breasts. Make sure the chicken and asparagus are fully coated with the marinade, and then place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Heat a grill pan and another medium pan. Place the chicken breasts on the grill pan, and cook 4 minutes each side, until there is no longer any pink in the middle. Sauté the asparagus in the medium pan, stirring often while the chicken cooks. Remove both pans from heat.
- Once the chicken has cooled, slice each breast into even strips.
- In a large bowl combine the arugula, mango slices and crumbled goat cheese. Add the cooked asparagus and the chicken. Mix and serve.