It’s officially fall, and you know what that means: pumpkin spice.
Pumpkin spice everywhere.
Careful though: a lot or places (including a certain coffee store) like to put out “pumpkin spice” snacks that contain zero pumpkin and are instead filled with sugary, artificial nonsense.
And then they dare to call this stuff breakfast!
Forget all that: today we’re going to meal prep some delicious, low carb muffins made from REAL pumpkin.
- ½ cup of coconut flour (try a natural foods store)
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of canned pureed pumpkin
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 12 pecans for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Oil the muffin pans.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, spices, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, pour the pumpkin puree then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the melted coconut, honey and vanilla and mix it all until it’s well combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture then blend them with a whisk until most lumps have disappeared.
- Spoon the blend into a prepared muffin pan, filling each muffin 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
- Place on wire rack to cool.