What if your diet included some nice, gooey pizza? You’d probably be in heaven, right?
This recipe does…and it’s not unhealthy to eat!
Zucchini pizza boats might just become your new favorite thing. Who knew cheese and pepperoni mixed so well with a zucchini crust replacement?
Like many other healthy food options, this one transforms a traditionally unhealthy dish into something nutritious. Try this out yourself! Look at the ingredients in your favorite recipes, separate what’s healthy from what’s not, and see if there’s a way you can use those ingredients in a healthier way.
Alright, ready? Here’s the recipe!
- 6 organic zucchini
- 1/2 of a cup of organic spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 of a cup of mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 of a cup of sliced olives
- 1/4 of a cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 3 oz. of uncured pepperoni, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a shallow baking dish with olive oil.
- Wash the zucchini, and slice it in half lengthwise. Scoop out some of the zucchini flesh to make little boats. We used a knife to slice down the sides and a spoon to scoop it out. You won’t need to use a knife if the zucchini is soft. Arrange the zucchini in the prepared pan
- Spoon some spaghetti sauce into each zucchini boat, then top it with mozzarella, olives, basil, and pepperoni. Bake for 20 minutes or until the toppings are cooked and the zucchini is soft. Enjoy!
Craving more nutritional advice? Click here to check out Beyond the Scale, the official health and wellness podcast of Fit Body Boot Camp!