Stuck in ice cold temperatures this winter? Need a go-to recipe to heat up your bones?
This spiced turkey soup will wake your body up and give it the energy it needs to function!
This soup comes with a swarm of veggies and spices that enhance the flavor of the turkey and broth. It takes little time to prepare, and you can even swap in other kinds of meat for the turkey to change the taste even more.
Feel warm already? Let’s chow down!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground chili
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 baked sweet potatoes, roughly chopped (with the skins on)
- 2-3 cups of roasted turkey (or any roasted meat), roughly chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper
- In a large soup pot, place the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the onion, celery, carrots, and bell peppers. Cook until tender, stirring often (about 10 minutes).
- Add in the cumin, chili powder, paprika, and oregano. Cook for 4 minutes. Add in the chicken stock and tomato paste. Bring it to a simmer.
- Add in the sweet potato and turkey, and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Season it with sea salt and black pepper. Serve warm. Enjoy!