At first glance, salmon and kale might not sound like the greatest combo ever…but once you take your first bite there’s no going back.
That’s because honey mustard ties all these ingredients together. The tang from the honey mustard adds some “oomph” to this protein/omega-3-rich dish. Make sure you don’t forget the shallots and honey!
Need a lunch to bring to work? Just meal prep the salmon the night before and your lunch will instantly become an A class dinner.
Ditch the chicken (for just one meal) in favor of some scrumptious salmon. Ready to try it out yourself?
- 1/4th of a cup of grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 1 bunch of curly kale, stemmed and chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 4 salmon fillets
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Combine the mustard and honey in the same bowl.
- Salt and pepper the salmon, and spread the tops with the mustard mixture.
- In a baking pan, mix the kale and shallots with sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Top them with the filets and roast until flaky (about 15-20 minutes). Drizzle it with lemon juice.