Need some protein to balance out that crazy Halloween diet?
Not to fear, chicken is here!
These chicken thighs come with a kick of garlic, lemon, and olives that add in some next-level flavor. Plus, they soak up some extra moisture when cooked bone-in and skin-on.
This is a great way to get your daily serving of protein with some off-the-wall, unique flavor. No more dry, bland chicken—it’s time to up your game and make chicken a staple of your diet!
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of black pepper
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- A 1 cup combination of roughly chopped pimento stuffed green olives, kalamata olives, pimentos, and roasted garlic (or whatever looks good at your local olive bar!)
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine the coconut oil, olive oil, fresh oregano, garlic, sea salt, paprika, and pepper. Place the chicken thigh skin side up in a casserole pan, and spread the flavor mixture over the skin. Roast this combination for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the olive mixture and lemon wedges over the chicken, and return to the oven to roast the thighs until the skin is crisp and a thermometer registers at 165°F in the thickest part of the thigh (about 20 minutes). Switch the oven to high broil for 2-3 minutes. Do this at the very end of the cooking time to crisp up the chicken skins. Garnish the chicken with fresh oregano. Enjoy!