Grain-free. Gluten-free. Only 88 calories a muffin!
These grain-free mini muffins are your new favorite guilt-free muffins. They are low in calories and carbs, so you won’t have to stress out about enjoying one or two!
With ingredients like ground cinnamon, coconut sugar, maple syrup, bananas, and vanilla extract, these muffins come with a burst of sweetness. So how are these muffins still healthy? They’re made with flax meal! You can also add in raisins and pecans to give these muffins texture and extra flavor.
Let’s get cookin’!
- 1/2 of a cup of blanched almond flour
- 1/2 of a cup of flax meal
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- Half of a ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 of a cup of coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup, grade b
- 1/4 of a cup of coconut milk, canned, full-fat
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 of a cup of golden raisins
- 1/2 of a cup of raw pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the almond flour, flax meal, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine the eggs, banana, coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut milk, almond butter, and vanilla. Mix them until smooth. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ones and mix well.
- Slowly add in the melted coconut oil. Mix until all the lumps disappear. Add in the raisins and pecans and mix well.
- Divide the batter for 24 mini muffins. Bake until golden and fully set (about 15-20 minutes). Cool them on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
Servings: 1 mini muffin
Craving more nutritional advice? Click here to check out Beyond the Scale, the official health and wellness podcast of Fit Body Boot Camp!