Meatballs…mmm. Makes you hungry just saying it.
Now what if you took some juicy meatballs and slathered them in rich teriyaki sauce? That sounds like heaven on a plate to me.
You actually can enjoy that little slice of heaven yourself with today’s recipe!
Just whip up some low-sugar teriyaki sauce and you have the perfect healthy coating for some delicious meatballs. Eat them as either a filling snack or a low-calorie meal.
Ready to treat your tastebuds to some amazing food?
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of ginger, minced
- 1/4 of a cup of scallions, minced (plus more for garnish)
- 1 lb. of ground beef
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey (or liquid stevia)
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of arrowroot starch
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- Combine the garlic, ginger, and scallions in a food processor. Pulse until they’re well-combined and finely minced.
- Transfer the garlic mixture to a large bowl and add in the ground beef and sea salt. Use your hands to mix them in until well-combined. Form the mixture into 20 meatballs, about an inch in diameter.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in the sesame oil. Add the meatballs and cook until browned on all sides and cooked through, shaking often. Remove the meatballs and set them aside on a plate.
- Add the coconut aminos, honey, and vinegar to the skillet. In a small bowl, whisk the arrowroot starch and water together until fully dissolved. Add this solution to the skillet, then mix and simmer until the mixture has thickened (about 2 minutes). Return the meatballs to the skillet and cover them in the sauce. Serve immediately. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.