Pasta salad without the extra carbs? Sign me up!
This salad hosts a medley of veggies that replace the texture of regular pasta, but you’ll still taste the familiar flavors of traditional Italian pasta. That’s right, you still get to enjoy that signature Italian vinaigrette that makes this dish so delicious!
This recipe also requires minimal preparation, so it’s perfect for those days when you’re in a bind and need to eat quickly. You can even pack this up in some tupperware and take it on the go (vinaigrette on the side, of course)!
Let’s get down to business!
For the Italian Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 of a cup of white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of garlic, minced
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/8 of a teaspoon of liquid stevia
For the Salad:
- 4 zucchinis, peeled and cut into thin 1-inch pieces
- 2 English cucumbers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup of green olives, quartered
- 1/3 of a cup of red onions, finely minced
- Whisk together all of the vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large salad bowl. Toss these ingredients with the vinaigrette, and chill before serving. Keep it in the fridge for several days. Enjoy!