“C’mon, eat your veggies! Bottoms up!”
Alright, there’s a reason why moms across the world feed their children vegetables before they can even talk: a serving of veggies packs loads of nutrients and minimal calories, and vegetables are all-natural foods too!
Today’s skillet features red onions, mushrooms, and asparagus, three veggies that are perfect for a week of meal prep. Turn up the flavor by mixing in some vinegar; you’ll add some tang to the dish.
The days of avoiding every green thing on the plate are long gone. Here’s a recipe that might just make you crave veggies more than the main dish!
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 bunches of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch segments
- 4 cups of white mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1/4 of a cup of white wine
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add in the onion, and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add in the asparagus, and sauté them for 4 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms and vinegar, and continue to sauté for another 4 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper, and continue to sauté the skillet until the liquid is gone and the veggies are tender and flavorful. Enjoy!