You’re only one step away from your perfect morning. You got up early, showered, brushed your teeth, did your hair, and dressed like the professional you are.
The last stage of your morning routine—what will give you that extra boost to leap out the door and off the porch—is a good breakfast. That means you need something that’s protein heavy and diet friendly.
I’ve got just the thing for your morning meal: a chorizo egg skillet!
Savory chorizo, succulent tomatoes, arugula, onions, and 4 large eggs to bring it all together. Soon, your morning won’t be complete without a meal this good!
- 2 links of chorizo, casing removed
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, chopped
- 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup of arugula
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Place the chorizo links in a medium, oven-proof skillet over low heat. Cook until all the sides of the chorizo are browned. Periodically deglaze the pan with water. Allow the chorizo to cool, remove it from the skillet, and then slice each link into 10 pieces.
- Sauté the onion in the leftover chorizo fat until tender (about 5 minutes). Add the can of tomatoes to the skillet. Arrange the halved cherry tomatoes and slices of chorizo around the edge of the skillet. Use a spoon to create four 2-inch wells in the tomato and egg mixture. Crack each egg into a ramekin and gently pour one egg into each well.
- Place the skillet in the oven until the eggs are set (for 10-15 minutes). Top with fresh arugula and season with sea salt and black pepper. Enjoy!