I’ve got a hunch that you need some zucchini in your life.
Well, this week’s recipe has just the thing for you…and it includes some yummy pesto as well!
Throw in some basil, pecans, garlic, and lemon juice, and you’ve just made one flavorful (and healthy) side.
Our pesto zucchini boats are high in fiber and low in carbs, and they’re the perfect complement to any tasty dish. Plus, it’s pretty fun seeing little boats on your plate.
If you’re looking for a new take on veggies, this is your recipe! Let us know how tasty this was in the comments below!
- 4 small organic zucchini
- 1/4 of a cup of kalamata olives, seeded and chopped
For the Pesto…
- 1/4 of a cup of raw pecans
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 of a cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Combine the pesto ingredients in a food processor until creamy.
- Trim the ends from the zucchinis, and slice them in half the long way. Carefully score the flesh with short diagonal cuts.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush a little olive oil on the flat side of each zucchini, and place the flat side down on the hot pan. Cook them until the flat side is browned and the zucchini is starting to soften (about 4 minutes). Transfer the zucchini to a baking pan.
- Spread a tablespoon of pesto on each zucchini slice, and sprinkle with the olives. Place them in the preheated oven for 8-12 minutes (or until tender).