I can already hear you salivating over there!
Fried chicken is a staple of American dining, especially deep in the South. I imagine you’re picturing some greasy chicken next to a stack of sweet waffles.
When indulging in fried chicken, there is a hefty price to pay: the extra fat and grease put a dent in any diet…
What if I told you that you could savor the taste of fried chicken WITHOUT the greasy skin and overload of fat?
Our healthy “fried” chicken recipe combines the flavors of fried chicken with a generous serving of protein—minus any excess fat, calories, and carbs. This could be your new go-to meal whenever you’re in the mood for something hearty and filling!
Give this chicken a quick make, add some greens, and you’ve got yourself one great plate of guilt-free food!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of fruit-only apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 of a cup of almond flour
- 1/2 of a cup of almond meal
- 1/2 of a cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of salt
- 2 lbs. of boneless, skinless organic chicken tenders
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 13″ x 9″ baking pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, apricot preserves, mustard, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- In another medium bowl, combine the almond flour, almond meal, coconut flour, pepper, thyme, paprika, and salt.
- Dip each chicken tender in the egg mixture, then dredge them through the flour mixture. Place them in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Change the oven to high broil for 2 minutes, flip each chicken tender, and broil the other side for 2 minutes.
- Serve with a side of sugar free BBQ sauce or organic honey mustard.