Move over potatoes, there’s a new chip in town – and its name is apple!
Traditional potato chips you buy from the store are loaded with sodium, oil, and all kinds artery clogging fat in between.
But gosh darn it, they’re so addicting! Which is why you tend to fall down a rabbit hole of salt from that first bite.
If you and your family are chip lovers, these cinnamon baked apple chips will satisfy your need for something crunchy.
The best part is they’re oven baked, use minimal sweeteners, and topped with a dash of cinnamon!
This is a perfect side to put in your child’s lunch box or take to worth with you for an afternoon snack.
Hey, you can even enjoy them as an after dinner dessert!
Put on your apron and let’s start cooking!
- 6 apples (try Pink Lady or Honeycrisp)
- 6 cups fruit-only juice (try pear juice)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Ground cinnamon
- Sea salt
- Coconut Crystals
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Core and then thinly slice 6 apples (skins are fine!)
- Boil the apples for 5 minutes in a pot with the fruit juice and cinnamon sticks.
- Remove from the juice, pat dry and arrange the apple slices on a cooling rack placed on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon, sea salt and coconut crystals. Place in the preheated oven for 1 to 2 hours. Remove from heat once crispy.
Number of Servings: 5
Calories Per Serving: 114