Not much pairs better than some sizzling ham and some well-cooked eggs. Today’s recipe brings the two together into perfect breakfast matrimony. Combined with some cheese, broccoli, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper, this one is a real treat for your taste buds!
This new take on the classic ham-and-eggs duo is still packed with high amounts of fiber and protein. Plus, you’ll feel ready to tackle the rest of your day after scarfing down one of these high-energy holsters.
You can cook these in large quantities, and they’re small enough to take with you wherever you go. Whether you’re rushing to the gym or going off to work, this recipe is the perfect way to start your day!
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ of a yellow onion, chopped
- 12 slices of nitrate-free ham
- 1 cup of broccoli, steamed and chopped
- ¼ of a cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- A dash of salt and pepper
- 12 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 F°. Lightly spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions. Cook until tender.
- Add the steamed broccoli, cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix until fully combined. Remove from heat.
- Using kitchen scissors, make a slice to the center of each piece of ham, then fold into a cone shape in each muffin cup. Fill halfway with the broccoli mixture.
- Crack an egg into each ham cup. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until the edges of the ham are crispy.