Yes, you can age gracefully!
That starts today, even if you’re in your twenties. The key is in strengthening your legs!
Take the time to build strength in your legs and you’ll be on your feet for years to come. While all your friends are slowing down, you’ll still be hiking, biking, and walking circles around them.
Again, the best fitness is that which is sustained over a long period of time. When you invest in your health long-term, you extend the clock on your life, and you get to do more of the things you love
Start with this leg workout, then fit in leg day 2-3 times a week. Do that, and you’ll feel unstoppable—in body, in mind, and in everything else!
Jog in Place
Time: 2 minutes
Transition Time: 30 seconds
Time at End of Warm Up: 2:30
- Man Makers – Start in the push-up position, with one dumbbell in each hand. Pump the dumbbell up, then switch arms, remaining in the push-up position the whole time.
- Tuck Jumps – Jump straight into the air. As you reach the height of your jump, tuck your legs in. Extend them back out to land.
- Chest Press + Leg Lifts – For chest press: Press dumbbells at the same time while on your back; For leg lifts: Lie flat on the ground, then lift your legs 6-12 inches off the ground, keeping them together as you do so.
180º Squat Jump
- 180º Squat Jumps – Squat and jump. Turn 180º with each jump.
- Reverse Lunges + Lateral Raises – For reverse lunges: Step backwards, then perform a lunge; For lateral raises: Hold two dumbbells at your sides. Lift them out until your arms are pointing straight out. Lower, then repeat.
- Dumbbell Swings – Hold one dumbbell straight out in front of you, then dip and swing it until it’s under you.
Time: 6 minutes
Transition Time: 1 minute, 30 seconds
Time at End of Workout: 16:00
Want to do more exciting workouts like this one? Come check out Fit Body Boot Camp—workouts like these are our bread and butter! Just click here to find a Fit Body in your area.