Ever thought about serving chicken with lettuce?
Lettuce is a healthy alternative to bread buns, which often contain a good deal of carbs. Walnuts, apples orange juice, Greek yogurt, green chiles, raisins, and more add a new level of depth and texture to this healthy dish.
These boats are easy to prepare, and you can even use leftover roasted chicken to meal prep a batch for the week!
Let’s get our lettuce on!
- 2 small apples, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of orange juice
- 3 cups of roasted chicken, chopped
- 1/4 of a cup of toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 (4 oz.) can of mild diced green chiles
- 1/2 of a cup of non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 of a cup of light balsamic dressing
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- Red grapes (optional for serving)
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped apples and orange juice. Mix them to combine.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (except the lettuce and grapes) and mix well. Chill, covered, for 15 minutes or until ready to serve. Use an ice cream scoop to place the chicken salad on each lettuce leaf. Garnish the plate with red grapes and enjoy!
Craving more nutritional advice? Click here to check out Beyond the Scale, the official health and wellness podcast of Fit Body Boot Camp!