Need a shot of protein to get you through the morning?
Then try these egg white bites! They’re healthier than regular eggs yet still pack the same amount of protein.
But these aren’t just boring old egg cups. You can add in cottage cheese, coconut flour, spinach, bell peppers, and scallions to turn these cups into a more filling and delicious breakfast!
Hungry? Get your apron on, because it’s time to cook!
- 8 egg whites
- 1/4 of a cup of nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/4 of a cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of coconut flour
- 1/2 of a cup of roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 of a cup of fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh scallions, minced
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line 16 mini muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a blender, combine the egg whites, cottage cheese, nutritional yeast, sea salt, and coconut flour. Blend until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Evenly fill each of the 16 mini muffin tins with the egg white mixture. Bake in the pre-heated oven until set (about 15 minutes).
Craving more nutritional advice? Click here to check out Beyond the Scale, the official health and wellness podcast of Fit Body Boot Camp!