Mmm, ribs. Barbecue’s favorite glazed delicacy is the centerpiece for this week’s recipe! Ribs offer tons of great protein for your diet, and serving them with vegetables such as cauliflower rice or spinach makes this a well-rounded meal.
You’re going to want to throw this one into the slow cooker. If done correctly, the meat should be tender enough to fall right off the bone. Just throw the slow cooker on, enjoy your day, and come back to feast on it later.
Today’s ribs will be prepared with a tropical spice rub. Invite your family and friends over for a nice roast inspired by the tropics!
For the Tropical Spice Rub:
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of dried ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon of allspice
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
For the Tropical Pork Ribs:
- 1-3 lbs. boneless country style ribs
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 red apples, chopped
- ½ cup of fresh pineapples, chopped
- Dash of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- ½ orange bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup of apple sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine the tropical spice rub ingredients.
- Rinse and pat dry the pork ribs. Season with salt and pepper, then coat each side with the tropical spice rub.
- In a large skillet, place the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Place the coated ribs in the skillet and brown on all sides.
- Place the browned ribs in your slow cooker.
- In the skillet over medium heat, combine the remaining ingredients. Heat for 5 minutes, mixing until fully incorporated. Remove from heat and spread evenly over the top of the ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.