Let’s not mess around here: you want fish tacos. We all do. And you’re not satisfied to wait until your cheat day. I mean, you could eat fish tacos every day even, if they were healthier.
What’s that? Oh, today’s recipe day? Then let’s check out some low cal, low carb, high protein, fish tacos! How’s that for healthy?
- 4 Cod Fillets (3.5oz)
- 1/2 cup tropical vinaigrette
- 1 lime
- 4 large pieces of butter lettuce
- 4 Tablespoons guacamole
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 4 Tablespoons mango salsa
- Marinate the cod fillets in dressing for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a pan with olive oil.
- Place the marinated cod in the pan, cut the lime in half and its squeeze juice over the cod. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the cod is baking, separate leaves from the lettuce, careful to keep them intact. Assemble individual tacos by putting a tablespoon of guacamole on each lettuce leaf, topped with 1/4 cup of cabbage.
- Once the cod is done, change the oven to broil for a few minutes. Watch the cod closely until its top is browned. Remove it from oven.
- Top each prepared taco with a piece of fish, a spoonful of salsa, and a slice of the remaining lime half.