All right, who’s ready for another delicious, fatty breakfast food?
“Whoa, hang on,” you say, “Since when did fatty breakfast foods become okay?”
When we rolled out the avocado, that’s when. Avocados are full of “good” fat, the kind that actually lowers your cholesterol. Plus, come on, you know you want one.
Try out this recipe – it’s great for busy mornings!
- 1 organic avocado, halved with pit removed
- 1 egg
- salt, pepper, and your favorite seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Flip each avocado side over and slice off enough of the rounded skin so that it can sit flat when the fleshy side is up.
- Place the avocadoes, fleshy side up, in a baking pan. Crack some salt into each hole. Whisk the egg in a bowl, divide it between the avocado holes.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and the seasoning of your choice.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until the egg has fully set. Eat with a spoon and enjoy!