When it comes to on-the-go foods, it really is tough to beat the burrito. Burritos are compact, delicious, and best of all, versatile. Now you may be thinking that burritos are unhealthy, but hang on…
Today’s meal prep is a nutritious, clean burrito that’s gonna make your week. Use the recipe below to make some yourself!
- 1 sprouted grain, flourless tortilla
- 1 Tablespoon hummus
- 1/3 cup of cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup of cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup of cooked chicken, chopped (or baked tofu)
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh corn kernels
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup of shredded arugula
- 3 of chopped cherry tomatoes
- Warm the tortilla in a dry skillet. Spread the hummus evenly over the tortilla.
- Top the tortilla with rice, beans, chicken and veggies.
- Fold the two sides of the tortilla in over the filling, then flip up the bottom edge and roll tightly.