Want to taste the Mediterranean in a low calorie salad?
Yep, that’s a thing. Today’s recipe is Mediterranean salad with arugula and quinoa!
The salad is fresh and green, and it’s paired with a zesty dressing that will knock your socks off. Throw in some lean protein for a filling healthy meal.
Oh, and this dish is high in fiber, which can sometimes be hard to find in other foods.
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of garlic, minced
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 of teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 of a cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
For the Salad:
- 8 cups of baby arugula
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 can (15 oz) of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 heirloom tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a cup of celery, minced
- 1/4 of a cup of fresh scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 of a cup of fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a jar. Close the lid and shake until fully combined.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large salad bowl. Toss it with the dressing and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Craving more nutritional advice? Click here to check out Beyond the Scale, the official health and wellness podcast of Fit Body Boot Camp!