Who loves honey??
Unless you don’t like sweets (or Winnie the Pooh), you can’t deny that honey is nature’s heavenly syrup.
Think about pairing that with some juicy grilled chicken. Mmmmm…..
Well, I’ve got some *sweet* news for ya (I promise, that’s the only pun I’ve got!)…
Today’s recipe is honey grilled chicken. They’re getting married on the grill!
Get ready for a meal that will take your taste buds for a ride and back. Not only will you add honey in this recipe, but you’ll also be mixing in some spicy mustard, lemon peel, soy sauce, and minced garlic.
Your protein intake will soar with this recipe, AND you won’t have to stress over that extra fat and grease that comes with fried chicken!
Let’s take a closer look at this unique blend of sweet and savory. This might just be the chicken for all palates!
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 4 tablespoons of spicy mustard
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons of low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of minced garlic
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat your grill. If you’re using coals, heat the grill until the coals turn gray and there are no longer strong flames. Do this for 35-45 minutes.
- Combine the honey, mustard, lemon peel, soy sauce, and garlic. Mix them well. Reserve a few tablespoons of the sauce. Add the chicken, and marinate in the refrigerator for 40 minutes.
- Cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes per side. Brush it with the reserved sauce, and continue cooking for an additional 3-4 minutes per side until the chicken registers 170°F on a meat thermometer.