Don’t you love it when someone puts a new spin on your favorite food?
Today’s recipe is wine poached chicken salad, and boy is it delicious!
Chicken with a side of wine? More like chicken cooked with wine! The flavor of this chicken really stands out when you poach it in some nice white wine.
Mix in some of your favorite veggies for the ultimate green treat. You might even wanna share this one with your family and friends.
Cook it up and let us know how it is in the comments below!
For the Wine-Poached Chicken:
- 2 quarts of low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups of white wine
- 2 yellow onions, halved
- 4 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
For the Pomegranate Mixed Greens Salad:
- 6 cups of mixed greens
- 1/2 of a cup of pomegranate seeds (arils)
- 3 tablespoons of roasted, salted pepitas
- 1/2 of a cup of jicama, peeled and chopped
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- Classic balsamic dressing
- Place the broth, wine, onions, garlic, and thyme in a large pot over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, then gently add the chicken breasts in one at a time. The chicken should be fully covered by the liquid. Add more broth, if needed. Return it to a boil.
- Once the liquid boils, turn off the heat and cover the pot. Allow the chicken to poach for 30 minutes, then use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken and onions from the liquid. Once cool enough to handle, shred the chicken and slice the onions. Combine the chicken and onions in a bowl and generously season them with freshly cracked sea salt and black pepper.
- On each salad plate, arrange a bed of mixed greens and top with pomegranate seeds, pepitas, jicama, avocado, and a scoop of chicken. Drizzle the salad with Classic balsamic dressing and serve immediately. The chicken should stay good for up to 3 days in your fridge. Enjoy!
Craving more nutritional advice? Click here to check out Beyond the Scale, the official health and wellness podcast of Fit Body Boot Camp!